Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lovefool

Last weekend, one of my friends invited me over to play some kind of karaoke game, Lips. A singer I am not. As everyone else scrolled through the songs and sang their hearts out, I was pretty much unwilling to join in. Eventually, everyone had sung 8 songs to my 0. So I agreed to sing "Lovefool," explaining to everyone that they had performed on Beverly Hills, 90210. No one cared AT ALL for this fascinating background detail, so I added more.

"Bill Taylor hired The Cardigans to play at Kelly's college graduation, just before he went off to prison!"

Well, one of the people at this party was 22, and had shamefully never seen 90210. My act was wearing thin. So I grabbed the mic, explained The Cardigans were "direct from Sweden" and did my best Swedish accent, but helpfully added my own song lyrics, like: "I can't care about anything but you... And Donna Martin!"

And the episode with The Cardigans is on RIGHT NOW. It's like they knew!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that they hadn't intended to have The Cardigans on? The first choice was The Spice Girls until JP vetoed it. See: http://teendramawhore.com/2010/01/17/beverly-hills-90210-producer-talks-college-years-slams-new-90210/

    ReplyDelete